What's Your Emotional Type & How Can It Double Your Auditions?
The DreamingOutLoud Technique is for mid-career actors with tons of training and credits who are stuck. You want to:
- move into Film/TV from theatre
- you're in Film/TV but your career's not moving to more complex roles
- Your team has run out of ideas of how to submit you
- you need to get a new team and figure out how to redirect their team’s goals.
Before you can do any of that you have to get rid of
the limiting belief systems the industry teaches us. Namely, the idea that we work for our manager and agent instead of the other way around. You are the captain of your ship and your career is floundering because you’re not leading.
Learning your four major life lessons is the first step. Within those lessons is the key to what you do well as an artist and human being. Your four major life lessons are the gifts your ancestors gave you to solve problems in this life that they never had the tools to master. Learning those four major life lessons are the key to learning how to sing your SoulsSong.
Once you understand your gifts and your purpose, you’re able to communicate your vision of your career and create a brand that you can then pitch to your agents and managers. If you’re clear and excited about the vision, it’s easy to get them onboard.
For example, saying:
“I look this way now, but I won’t always. I can certainly play dumb receptionist #4 for the rest of my life, but what happens as I age? Anyone can play that, but my emotional chords are a lot more complicated and we need to come up with a strategy to start submitting me around my emotional type. This is a win win because it opens up the possibility for me to be seen for more roles that don’t necessary look like me, but certainly FEEL like me.”
Broadening the spectrum of the kind of stuff that you can go out for is a smart business strategy. Because the more roles you’re seen for, the clearer your gifts become to your decision makers in the industry.
For example, I have a client that goes out for
all male roles in Shakespeare because she's like,
I'm done all the women... it's boring it's time for me to play Puck. It’s time for me to play Henry. It's time for me to expand which is what a craftsman does over the life of their career.
Before you have that conversation with your reps, you have to get clear on what your strategy is and what your emotional brand looks like. Creating a platform for your new brand is critical: your website, reel, headshots should clearly present your emotional brand to the world from the language, colors, acting moments captured in the headshots/reels.
So, the 12 week class accomplishes this:
1. Identify your emotional chords using April’s deep dive self-knowledge courses.
2. Create a brand for your marketing materials
3. Identify scenes for your reel.
4. Create a platform for your marketing materials and press kit to send to agents
5. Craft an agent/manager Emotional Type pitch and hold a strategy meeting for your team where you, as the CEO guide your team through this process.
Want to learn more?
SignUp for the free
Who is the
The DreamingOutLoud Emotional Type Technique for?
Once you know your purpose & your gifts, no one can take that away from you or make you feel like less than. When you know your worth, you're unstoppable.
An actor with years of training, tons of credits & still collecting and still play stereotypical roles with no depth?
Here's a secret:
every other single job in the world pays employees more money each year as they gain experience or employees will leave.
Acting is the only profession I know of where people do the same exact job, the same exact way for their entire careers while making the same amount of money or wrestle with being constantly unemployed.
1. Find work that has meaning for you & creates stable income by learning your unique gifts as an artist.
2. Learn your for major emotional chords that make you uniquely qualified to play a host of characters who look nothing like you, but their souls resonate with your life journey.
2. Find an agent/manager who is as gifted at their craft of representing you as you are at the craft of storytelling/acting.
3. How to use your EMOTIONAL TYPE to create a unique personal brand that broadens the scope and depth of the roles you're offered and learn to create these roles or option scripts with roles that fit you soul's journey and move your career to the next level.
The writer working a day job watching your peers get published, join TV show writing teams, go on book tours, premiere at Sundance while you work the day job you thought would give you security, but really it's just blocking your dreams & exhausting your spirit.
Here's the skinny: writers block is fear in drag. The block is an emotional one because you are not in line with your purpose, your life mission, that's where the richest, most profound storytelling lives -- in the stories your soul already knows.
SIGNUP TO LEARN HOW
1. Figure Out Your four major emotional chords (the life lessons you were put here to get right this time)
These are the keys to learning your purpose and the key emotional and psychological issues you're an expert at exploring as you create character & story in line with your recurring emotional chords.
2. Find the money and the time to support your writing
3. Move past WritersBlock (fear in drag) & having too many irons in the fire to accomplish your goal
A mid-life genius bored with your job, disillusioned by the promise that money would make everything alright, worried that there are more years behind you than in front of you & you've barely scratched the surface of your dreams?
You wouldn't want more unless you were actually put here to do more bec nothing good comes out of your comfort zone.
SIGNUP TO LEARN HOW TO
1. Find work that has meaning for you & creates stable income
2. Because once you know your purpose, saying 'no' to things that no longer serve you is easy.
3. Cut the fat & work smarter, not harder so that pursuing your dream becomes do-able even with all of your other obligations (family, day job, etc)