- 6 Days lodging in a 12th Century Morocco Riad
- 3 Day Writer Retreat with delicious home cooked Moroccan breakfast and lunch
- A free copy of the 12 Week How to Write a Solo Show Online class ($579 value)
- 3 Days in Marrakech to see the city: Guided Shopping tour of the Medina and souks of Marrakech included
Optional activities include: Hammam Spa
Tour Yves St. Laurent's gardens
- Photoshoot in the gardens of Marrakech
- Cocktails & Jazz at the world famous Mamounia Palace
WHAT WE'LL COVER IN OUR 3 Day Retreat
- How to Generate Raw Story
- Solo Show Structure: How to Organize raw content into cohesive stories
- How to Create Character: authentic dialogue instead of talking heads
- Inciting Incident to How to Create a solid solo play structure
- How to create solo play monologue
- How to Create Solo Play MultiCharacter Scenes
- How to Delineate characters in solo play performance
April Yvette Thompson
is a Tony-winning producer/writer/actor working across media. Film/TV credits include BULL, Blue Caprice, Gotham, Blue Bloods, Babylon Fields, The Exonerated (w/Susan Sarandon & Delroy Lindo), Accidental Husband, Backwards, Babylon Fields, Law & Order & Third Watch, etc. Broadway/Off Broadway credits include Clybourne Park, (Pulitzer & Tony); Vassar Voices (w/Meryl Streep), Good Bread Alley, Liberty City The Exonerated(w/Gabriel Byrne, Richard Dreyfuss), Medea, King Lear, Macbeth, etc
As SimonSays Entertainment Director of Development, April produced Sundance features: Blue Caprice (w/Isaiah Washington), Mother of George (w/Danai Gurira), Gun Hill Road (w/Esai Morales). April was on the Tony-winning producing teams for 2017 Tony for Best Revival for August Wilson's Jitney directed by Ruben Santiago Hudson and 2012 Tony for Best Revival, Porgy & Bess starring Audra MacDonald (Tony).
April wrote, produced & starred in her Miami Trilogy of plays: Good Bread Alley and Liberty City (Drama Desk, Outer Critics, Lortel noms & Jeff Award) at New York Theatre Workshop. Her latest play, Black Lives is in development at NYTW. April has taught at Rutgers University, Vassar College, Harlem School of the Arts, University of Zimbabwe, Maggie Flanigan Studio and various Universities throughout the United States as a Teaching Artist for The Acting Company. April has served as Artist in Residence at Manhattan Theatre Club, 651 Arts, NYTW and Director/Founder of the The Children’s Defense Fund’s Fundi Freedom Schools where she developed Arts in Education Curriculum for 1500 at-risk students.
EDUCATION: Vassar College, BA and Rutgers University, MFA
When does the course start and finish?
Classes begin July 26-28, 10am-5pm.
How long do I have access the recorded to the course?
You have access to the recorded course for one year from the date of purchase. At that end of that year, you'll have to option to upgrade to the newest version at a discount.
The Writers Retreat has no refund or exchange policy. If you are not able to attend, you will be given a Writers Retreat class credit that will be good for exactly one year from the date of purchase.