Any of these problems sound familiar?
1. I don't know how to get an agent.
2. I want to consistently book recurring roles in TV & Film, but I can't get a callback.
3. I don't know how to prepare for last minute oncamera auditions.
4. I don't to feel free and confident in my life, on set and in auditions. How can I fix this?
5. I'm too old, too fat, too (fill in the blank). I'm plagued by limiting beliefs.
6. I can't articulate what I bring to the table as an actor.
7. I can't find real representation that will work with me to obtain more meaningful work.
8. I have no clue how to book a recurring.
9. I need to get into SAG, booking a major paying film or tv role, raise money for my short film.
10. I don't even know what a good agent is.
11. I don't know how to pitch myself to get people interested in me when I don't have high-profile credits. What is the script? What do I say?
12. I don't know how to get on the radar of major casting directors and get called in consistently.
How to Be a Working TV Actor
will arm you with every tool you need to take control of your career
& transform your life.
What You Get with the 12 Step
- You can join us from anywhere in the world! This class will take place online.
- You will login to your personal DreamUnlocked's virtual classroom for your first video recording MasterClass.
- Once a month, you will be able to join April's LIVE office hours to ask questions, get feedback, etc.
- You will receive one MasterClass per month and then 3 weekly power tips based on the month's theme.
- During our 12 months together April will download 20 year's worth of knowledge including:
- From OnCamera Technique
- How to Sign with an Agent Who Sends You Out
- How to Put Together Your Full Actor's Arsenal from marketing, branding, to emotional and physical type branding.
- How to develop and maintain business relationships (CDs, Directors, Managers, Agents)
- How to incorporate and basically how to make a living doing what you love and all the secrets to actually being happy while you do it.
April Yvette Thompson
April Yvette Thompson
is a Tony-winning producer/writer/actor working across media. Film/TV credits include BULL, Blue Caprice, Gotham, Blue Bloods, Babylon Fields, The Exonerated (w/Susan Sarandon & Delroy Lindo), Accidental Husband, Backwards, Babylon Fields, Law & Order & Third Watch, etc. Broadway/Off Broadway credits include Clybourne Park, (Pulitzer & Tony); Vassar Voices (w/Meryl Streep), Good Bread Alley, Liberty City The Exonerated(w/Gabriel Byrne, Richard Dreyfuss), Medea, King Lear, Macbeth, etc
As SimonSays Entertainment Director of Development, April produced Sundance features: Blue Caprice (w/Isaiah Washington), Mother of George (w/Danai Gurira), Gun Hill Road (w/Esai Morales). April was on the Tony-winning producing teams for 2017 Tony for Best Revival for August Wilson's Jitney directed by Ruben Santiago Hudson and 2012 Tony for Best Revival, Porgy & Bess starring Audra MacDonald (Tony).
April wrote, produced & starred in her Miami Trilogy of plays: Good Bread Alley and Liberty City (Drama Desk, Outer Critics, Lortel noms & Jeff Award) at New York Theatre Workshop. Her latest play, Black Lives is in development at NYTW. April has taught at Rutgers University, Vassar College, Harlem School of the Arts, University of Zimbabwe, Maggie Flanigan Studio and various Universities throughout the United States as a Teaching Artist for The Acting Company. April has served as Artist in Residence at Manhattan Theatre Club, 651 Arts, NYTW and Director/Founder of the The Children’s Defense Fund’s Fundi Freedom Schools where she developed Arts in Education Curriculum for 1500 at-risk students.
EDUCATION: Vassar College, BA and Rutgers University, MFA
Los Angeles-based actress, Hilary Ward, is a forceful presence in television, film and theatre. Trained in UCSD's prestigious MFA program, she is a proud member of both SAG-AFTRA and Actors' Equity (AEA).
For the past 15 years, she has made her living exclusively as an actor, coach, and acting teacher. By combining the voice and movement techniques that she learned in graduate school with sharp text analysis and on-camera technique, she has been able to create performances that are unique, compelling and specific.
She began teaching voice and speech techniques to undergraduates in 2005 and transitioned into coaching young actors applying to graduate programs. Her clients have been called back and accepted to The Julliard School, University of Southern California, Columbia University, The New School/Pace University, and Harvard University/ART. Her professional clients have appeared on Scandal, NCIS, NCIS-Los Angeles, Grey's Anatomy, Ozark, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Chicago Fire, Law and Order: SVU, The Good Wife, American Horror Story and more.
Film/TV credits: the upcoming limited series Sharp Objects (HBO), NCIS, Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Modern Family, The Fosters, CSI, Guidance, All the Way, Like You Mean It, Other People, Five Points, Criminal Minds and 20 national commercial campaigns for companies such as Subaru, McDonald's, The Home Depot and AT&T.
Theatre credits: La Jolla Playhouse, Actors Theatre of Louisville, Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival, and Classical Theatre of Harlem.
EDUCATION: MFA-UCSD/La Jolla Playhouse
Mini Course #2
*** What is your emotional type and why does it matter?**
*** How can you use your emotional type to double your auditions?**
*** What makes you a unique actor unlike any other human being on the planet and how that can change the course of your career?**
When does the course start and finish?
The first Master Class will be ready to view as soon as you sign up. The recorded course never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
How do I ask questions about the content?
We are happy to answer questions posted in the forums of the Members Only pages. Expect a response within 24 hours.
Mini Course #2
You are enough. I am a powerful creator, a powerful storyteller...
Why having a business plan separates successful actors from wannabees
How to Get Paid What You're Worth
Mini Course #3: Creating the Reality on Set